Getting Around Arlington
Historic Arlington Offers Improved Accessibility for an Even Better Shopping Experience!
- A number of important improvements were made as part of the recent Raymond Ave. Revitalization Project including:
- Our new roundabout has improved traffic flow, and improved overall safety.
- New, wider sidewalks with sloped ramp access make it easy for shoppers with strollers, or with canes, walkers, or wheelchairs.
- Design improvements to the street reduce vehicle speeds and increase pedestrian safety.
- Crosswalk entrances have a unique bump-out feature so you can easily see traffic approaching from both directions.
- Easy-access street parking on most Arlington streets including the main thoroughfare of Main Street and Raymond Avenue.
- Free parking at the new municipal lot on Raymond Ave.
- Convenient parking behind many of the area stores.
- Most stores and businesses throughout the neighborhood are handicap accessible, and many offer handicap restrooms.
- All District streets are well lit with handsome period-style lamps.
- Extensive tree and flower plantings add beauty and color.
- Local business take great pride in their stores, to present you with a charming and unique shopping experience.
City of Poughkeepsie Transit System
Monday through Saturday morning through afternoon several bus routes travel throughout the City of Poughkeepsie (“Downtown”), and head into the Town of Poughkeepsie, Historic Arlington District and to Vassar College.
Two routes are especially handy links for visiting and shopping the area: the “Shopper’s Special” bus, and the “Main Street” bus.
Coming soon! Main Street / Shoppers Map & Schedule; Monday through Friday until 6:28pm; Saturday service until 3:18pm.
Links to the Paratransit Service for disabled persons, and the Dial-A-Ride Service.